Sunday 11 October 2009

Timeline


This is the timeline to go with my last post about the opening scene of Boris 2.
It portrays exactly how and when titles come in, and what each of them say.

Although this is a foreign film, and I couldn't understand exactly the roles each person had in the production of the film. The way they were presented meant I didn't need to particularly. Each crew member was shown in the opening scene along with their names, which is very unusual for a film I think. However, what is typical of a film opening and is shown in this title sequence is the way titles are used. They are for a start presented within the background, and a lot of them appear as waves in their transitions, with ripple effects on them. They also have the names in an interesting, larger and unique font, whereas the more formal text is presented in a more generic font.

I noticed that this sequence is only a minute long, and which made me realise that I don't necessarily need a full 3 minutes or so to convey the story, and it could be in a fairly abstract way ( for example in this film we don't know anything about the scene or the characters yet, we only see a connection to a fish in a tank, and the fish out of water theme). I also noticed that in this scene the titles appear about one at a time, and are held for about three seconds each, with only a second or so transitions between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment