Wednesday 28 October 2009



I have started to animate the fairy, with a greenscreen background. I decided to start off simply and animate a butterfly, so that I would begin to understand the program Maya (It's very new to me). I decided to make a butterfly as it seems like the Torchwood opening, as the fairies there looked a lot like butterflies, which shows that I don't need to create the most complicated animations. I found a tutorial for making butterflies in Maya and followed it and then added fur at the end. It took me a while to figure out how to change the background colour and make the program render from the caera I had set up instead of from another automatic view.

I seem to have clicked a wrong button in the rendering process as well, as the files exported as image files (which I had intended to do) but I now have to rename each file so the format isn't 'butterfly.###' but is 'butterfly###.jpg' (which I did not intend).

Other than this fault, I think the butterfly has turned out quite well. I may try to make a fairy as well at some point, for a challenge and because It'll look cooler. Though I will finish this as it will make a nice backup. All I have to do now is finish renaming the files, import them into monkeyjam to get a video file, and then convert it to a .mov file for coleridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment