Thursday 17 September 2009

Postcard design













This is the final result from me experimenting in photoshop to create a postcard for a client.

I started by getting the two images from flickr and opening them into photoshop. I dragged them into the same file after setting the dimentions for postcard size. Then I erased the background of the camera image using the magic wand tool, and flipped horizontally to make it face the spring.

I used the dodge tool to lighten the colour on the camera and then used a transparent brush on it, changing the colours to createe a gradient rainbow effect. I added the 'Chalk and Charcoal' filter to the spring image in the background because it caught my eye and seemed like a photograph that would be taken by the camera.

I then added text, rasterized it and then added blending options to it by clicking the layer twice. I made them glow in yellow, similar to a light bulb to advertise the course and how 'enlightening' it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment